StatCounter

tisdag 6 februari 2018

what my days look like


if you wonder, my love
what my days look like
let me tell you of the fantasies
that make this place real

you see, I pretend I live here
that is how I leave bed, that's how I get dressed
putting on fresh socks, washing my teeth

I pretend I live here
and has lived here for long

I pretend
that the grandma next door
who fries the codfish
smiles through the open window
knows my name
she's Ana Luísa
and I borrow sugar from her
sometimes, I take out her dog

I pretend
I’m just about to meet someone
that I have a studio space
in the neighbourhood up the hills
that I make enough money
to eat a bowl of caracóis by the miradour at sunset

I pretend
I know the musicians that
play on the corner to Rua Dom Pedro
that they invite me to sing
to live samba nights each Sunday

I pretend I
fix my hair in salons
that it turns copper and gold
that the sun here makes me braver 
that I buy my groceries in Portuguese
and come home 
to my carpet, my little flowers
my curtain, my creaking floor
I unpack and pretend
to stay forever these next days

what else do you wonder
when you wonder, my love?

in between it all
I remember
the way you make
my legs tremble
the way you make
my voice shake

so don't worry

if in the other moments
I pretend I don't know you
that I'm just about to meet you
in this other life

I would invite you over for coffee
sit on my patio
wave to Ana Luísa
knowing she will tell me later
how pretty that boy was





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar