StatCounter

tisdag 6 februari 2018

first meeting with Lisboa


first meeting with Lisboa, 09.38 in the morning

I wake up here in this
new place
looking out at the sun
glittering the sea
my first thought
after it gets dark
who will this city be?

will it taste of salt
will it be warm, sweaty
sugar cane, orange moon
will it be hips rolling, tight rhythms, welcome shots
this evening, will it be drinking?
will it offer me drugs
will sheeps pretend to be wolves
where the curving hill meets the ocean
will the evening walk me home when I'm done
or cat call me when I leave
will this city put me to bed safely
or hungrier then before?

will it bring me music
fingers on strings
claps between hands
harmonies in perfect thirds

will it bring me thirsty voices
wet from drinks
or will it bring quiet streets, solitude
my footsteps like little needles
dropped in silence

once the light is out
how much I wonder who you are, Lisboa
that which you become
when nothing is forbidden
that is the city
I am most terrified 
and most excited
to finally meet


........


the next day, the morning after 

how did it feel, then
wake and stretch and think
I found myself a group (or they found me)
music after midnight
homemade ginjinha
took me to a club of red silk
a former whore house
now DJ:s playing Max Romeo
projected images
of Hedy Lamarr and golden frogs
thought of other women I love
barely dancing
someone told me his story
I told him I have poetry to write
and went home before midnight
memorised the alleys
took the right turns
proud when I made it inside the door
quiet now
except from my head ringing
the room smelled
of sunflowers and smoke
threw my shoes on the ocean floor
fell asleep with my clothes on







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar