StatCounter

onsdag 27 april 2016

the jackdaw woman



deep red morning
like maroon cherries or candy apple blood
I needed his arms
like I need nightmares
a reason to scream
until my voice breaks
filled with an
insatiable hunger for desire
a chronic state of armageddon love
counted on six fingers
out of five
there are wolves out there
and then there are men
men mad enough
to try to feed
the jackdaw woman
with a blue-sky nest
the black error flying over the sky
let's get away for a while
I mean it
beyond corruption and wastelands
collarbones and waistlines
beyond
walls built on poetry
beyond
this foundation of imaginations
(never make a home
in a restless body)
wounds of wanderlust around my wrists
I have a plan
a secret revolution
between putting on this nail polish
and finishing this coffee
a plan to free myself
from you but with you
tongues tied together
by a silk ribbon
free-falling
in your arms
if you let me
see, my heart is
an emotional gold digger
and I got a plan
a plan to get out
a secret revolution
once my nails are deep red enough
and this caffeine
has been drunk






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar